Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fat Eighth Frenzy!! The ShortCut Quilts Series!!!

Well… hello there!  It's been FORever since I have written on my blog... and I can give you every excuse in the world for why is hasn't happened, however… I'll sum it up with one word, life.  It's a crazy time for me and the fam right now!!  I mean my kid are getting SooOOoo old and totally need me in their business ALL the time.  It's their favorite.  Obviously, I need to comply.

Anywho, Kimberly over at the Fat Quarter Shop (one of my longest and dearest fabric shop peeps) has lured me back into the blogging world for this concept of her's.  Get this, she's TOTALLY making YouTube videos!  Like the kind, you'd actually want to watch because she's articulate, knowledgable, and the production doesn't scream "cheese-y/ bleh"!!  Hahaha  Also, this new series is pretty damn clever!

The ShortCut Series.

Basically, it's recipe box full of quick quilts and today I'm sharing her Fat Eighth Frenzy one!!

I decided to make a Christmas quilt and selected Basic Grey's 25th and Pine collection!  I'm a big fan of Basic Grey fabrics by Moda.  I love how gritty they are, yet traditional.  Kinda like me! :P  This quilt is super simple and YouTube video describes it WAY better then I could in 6 minutes.  Watch it.  And then, tell me you wouldn't want to make one!  I think it took me a couple hours and that's because of the ironing needed!!  I swear!  So FAST!!!






Here is the link to the FREE pattern:

Here is the link to the Fat Eighth Frenzy video:

And also the bonus quilt video:

PLUS!!!
The Fat Quarter Shop is having a 20% OFF Fat Eighth bundles until November 2nd, 2014 at 11:59 pm CST!



I'm actually, hoping to stop by here more often.  Hope to see you all around! 
XX, Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS